This information is private and confidential. Kindly do not share this link. While our work is legal, we prefer to be discreet about it. If you know someone who might be a good fit for this group, please let us know via email. Thank you!
Ketamine Study Group at KRIYA Institute
KSG is an opportunity for medical and mental health professionals to get direct and personal experience with therapeutic ketamine. The KSG series consists of 3 preparatory meetings and 4 experiential sessions (see dates below). There is a physician present at all times for the experiential sessions.
Our KSG is highly personal by design. We only work with small groups of people. Each cohort is limited to 6 participants, and is carefully balanced for diversity among the participants with respect to occupation, age, gender, etc. We want you to have repeated contact with us and the other participants so that there is time for real connections to develop. Connection is medicine.
These experiential sessions are intended to complement KRIYA Conference to provide the complete training in working with therapeutic ketamine. Participants are not required to attend KRIYA Conference, but it is highly recommended.
KSG participants must meet stringent criteria with respect to their medical and mental health history. KSG is in full compliance with all federal and local regulations.
– To create a safe space for professionals to experience ketamine, and to try out a variety of dosing strategies and routes of administration, for people who are thinking about adding therapeutic ketamine services to their practices.
– To explore the logistics and dynamics of group work with ketamine.
– To explore the value of ketamine as an adjunct to psychotherapy, in people who have mild or moderate symptoms of depression or anxiety, but who are not experiencing severe psychological distress.
– To foster new friendships among people who are interested in working with ketamine.
Introduction to Therapeutic Ketamine
This is an introductory lecture about therapeutic ketamine, which will provide the didactic framework for the series. (If you have heard the full 2 hour talk previously, you can skip this.) This is a public talk, open to everyone.
Cost: $50.00 for general public; free to KSG participants
KSG Orientation Meeting
This is a private meeting by invitation only for KSG applicants. In this meeting, we will go into detail about the structure, goals, and requirements for KSG.
Date & Time to be arranged individually with instructor(s)
This is a private 60-90 minute meeting by invitation only for KSG applicants. In this meeting, we will carefully go over your application packet with you, determine your readiness for KSG, and begin the process of building a working relationship.
This kind of exploration works best when there is stability in the group, so we ask that participants make a commitment to attending all sessions. These sessions take place in a private home in North Berkeley. We will start at 12:00 noon and end by 7:30 pm.
The next KSG cohort will begin in the late summer or fall of 2020. The exact dates for all of the meetings will be posted here by June 1, 2020 so that you can plan your fall calendar. In the meantime, if you are interested in KSG, please send Dr. Bennett a note at email@example.com.
$1800.00 total for the series (includes 4 experiential sessions)
The full fee is due on 14 days before the first experiential session. We do not offer payment plans. Refund policy: 100% refund until 14 days before start of KSG; no refunds after that.
(1) Sign up for Dr. Bennett’s talk: Introduction to Therapeutic Ketamine. (TBA)
(2) Download the Intake Form (below). Complete it and send it back to us. It is to your advantage to send in your application form early, to ensure that you get a slot for an individual intake meeting.
(3) After we receive your Intake Form, we will send you an email with an invitation to the KSG Orientation, and a link to our calendar for setting up your individual intake meeting. (It may take us several days to review your Intake Form.)
(4) We will accept applicants on a rolling basis until the next cohort is formed. Note that we are highly selective about accepting applicants into our program. Applicants must meet stringent criteria with respect to their health histories for legal reasons. We also value different kinds of diversity in each training cohort. We sometimes recommend individual ketamine treatment with a provider in the community, if clinically indicated.
(5) Payment is due 14 days prior to the first experiential session. PayPal is preferred. We also accept cash and checks.